Wednesday, August 20, 2008

and the caterpillar count is...

... four.

I think I posted on my main blog but not here that one of the five we had before wandered off or something, because we couldn't find it and then another died. So then we were down to three. Well then dh went out in the dark last night to get more leaves and discovered this morning that another tiny hatchling hitchhiked in, so now we have four.

Samuel has been making spaceships out of K'Nex all morning. Yesterday we did some copywork also. He likes to make his letters all fancy - he draws them, rather than writes them, if that makes any sense? Many of them, he does the strokes in the wrong order/direction, so his handwriting doesn't really flow, although it looks nice. We'll have to work on that. I wonder if I should just teach him cursive - he'd like it, and he'd get used to doing the strokes in order.

Stinkin' squirrels won't leave my garden alone. I have lots of big green tomatoes with squirrel bites in them. I just opened the window to yell at one. It is wonderfully cool today, and just started to rain. A nice gentle sweet-smelling rain.

We went to the store, and I had Samuel mark off the items on the list, so he had to at least sort-of read them (although for many he was able to cheat and just look at the first letter). Had an awesome dinner of parmesan chicken with bruchetta that I made from tomatoes that a friend gave us, because did I mention mine are ALL GREEN? (Not that I am bitter.) Went out to Baskin Robbins for ice cream because a good dinner deserves a good dessert. :) I should make fancy dinners more often.

Samuel is determined to create a board game - he has tried this numerous times - but he can't quite get it to work. It's always too easy or impossible, or just makes no sense at all (except to him). He is very passionate about this, though, and I think one of these days he'll finally work it out and make a good one!

No comments: