Wednesday, September 9, 2009

a new start!

Yep, I'm giving this blog another try. Again. Maybe it'll work out better this year, maybe not. If you know me at all, your money is probably on "not". ;) Anyway, we are being a bit more structured this year, which hopefully means that I'll remember to make a note of what we're doing - I'm hoping that our whole life will be a bit more structured, and that this will become part of the routine. I'm still totally on board with unschooling, but dh and I have decided that Samuel would probably do better if we offer some structure. He likes routines and I think he would actually really enjoy some curriculum. So, we are doing Math-U-See this year and also starting a history Book of the Ages. More on all that later.

Right now, Samuel and Shawn are reading about the ancient world - Sumaria, Mesopotamia, and all that. Before, they were reading a book about Old Testament women that has beautiful artwork. They have also been reading "War of the Worlds", which Samuel is really enjoying. Before that, they read "White Fang". We'll have to do "Call of the Wild" sometime soon.

Well, our big Amazon order and Math-U-See order should be here soon, and then we'll really be rolling! I'll try to get up a post about our history plans, and today's big history/science/math lesson tomorrow.

No comments: