Thursday, October 18, 2007

a record....

My original blog was intended to be in part a record of what we do for homeschooling, but I don't really like cluttering it up with mundane details. So, I am going to keep those here. :) I don't expect that anyone will want to read this, but if you happen across it, you're welcome to follow our mostly-unschooling lifestyle! I hope to update this blog pretty regularlyas we go along, but I wanted to write down some of our past endeavors as well, so I'll add them to this post as I think of them.

Places visited up to October 2007:
Saint Louis zoo
Saint Louis Science Center
Missouri Botanical Gardens
Magic House
Grant's Farm
Indianapolis Children's Museum
Indianapolis Zoo
Bloomington Children's Museum
Bloomington Zoo
Decatur Zoo
camping: Turkey Run SP, IN; Geneva SP, OH; Salt Fork SP, OH
hiking at Turkey Run
Curtis Orchard
Great Pumpkin Patch
Rockome Gardens
a local Amish farm

Academic endeavors:
Working through the Little Stories for Little Folks phonics program
Math concepts: counting, addition and subtraction, simple multiplication and division, fractions

Books read:
too many to name! I will have to come up with a system for keeping track

Creative exercises:
Building with Legos, wooden blocks, Kugelbahn, Thomas trains
Puzzles
Creating countless costumes and accessories from paper, pipe cleaners, and other household objects
Painting with watercolors, acrylics, and poster paints
Modelling with clay and beeswax

Nature walks:
Spotted deer, rabbits, squirrels, lizards, spiders, insects, and lots of birds
Collected variety of leaves for study, crafts

more to be added...

No comments: